Agyati village is believed to have been founded around the 18th century mostly by the Tikari tribe. The population is heterogeneous with approximately 5336 inhabitants of whom 44.27% are males and 55.73% are females. The population is heterogeneous in nature. Most people depend on land for survival. There are 48 villages in Bafut amongst the 48 villages we limited ourselves to Agyati and its five quarters.
The economy of Agyati is characterized by economies of agglomeration, and the most predominant activity is farming, involving about 80% of the total population. They grow crops mainly for subsistence and the surplus is commercialized. The other 20% of the population are involved in other activities.
With regards to infrastructural development the village has a good number of infrastructures ranging from schools to offices and churches just to name a few. Infrastructures include; sub-delegation of agriculture, post office, electricity, pipe borne water, medicine stores, forestry and wildlife, social welfare, five churches of different denominations. Schools found here range from nursery, primary, secondary, and high schools. Milling machines, bars, restaurants and community hall are also found here.
Not withstanding the people of Agyati are constraint with problems and most prominent amongst these problems are poor market and marketing system , inadequate water supply , inadequate finances, poor farm to market roads and poor management of the catchments area.
In the identification of development problems conducted in a focus group discussion a list of problems were enlisted and these were carefully group into core problems. This were ranked according to their preference of priority needs
From the first ranked priority a suggested development plan was formulated on capacity building on marketing, management and skill development project. In which starting capital of 100,000 fcfa will be provided top the trained persons. This project is estimated at 4,947,800 fcfa and the project would last for twelve months.